Alan De Smet
> Ur Quan Masters Maps (Star Control II)
Ur Quan Masters Maps (Star Control II)
These are PDF maps for
The Ur Quan Masters,
also known as Star Control II. If you
don't have a copy already
you can get The Ur Quan
Masters for free, legally, from here, for Windows, Mac OS X,
Linux, and other platforms.
The black background versions of the maps look cool, but will
chew up printer ink. The white background versions are nicer on
- Spoiler free. These are functionally identical to the Official
map, but are high quality PDFs instead of a JPG.
- Spoiler filled. These include the spheres of influence as of
the game's start and marks the various stars of note.
These maps were generated by a Perl script and the original
Ur Quan Masters source. You can
download the source here.
The program is based on the excellent uqmmap by Rob
Bloom. Thanks to his generosity in releasing the source, I
was able to extend it.
My changes include:
- Addition of the spheres of influence, either as printed on
the original map, or at the start of the game.
- Re-laid out the page. The list of stars now uses a slightly
larger font, and the map itself is slightly larger.
- Added a glow around the stars.
- Added a full legend for all of the star colors and sizes,
similar to the official map.
- Minor formatting tweaks.
- Some internal refactoring of the code.
- Constellations match the constellations for the original map.
- 2010-03-07a: Fixed constellations to match original map
- 2010-03-07b: Zone of influence labels are now curved, similar
to the original map. Switch from Create::PDF to PDF::API2.