Attending a gaming convention in downtown Milwaukee? Several have sprung up to replace Gen Con, so hopefully this information collected from my years attending Gen Con will help.
Food in Milwaukee
The onsite map is very good, but in the mean time, this map can give you a sense of the neighborhood. The Midwest Express Center is the three yellow blocks on the left. Some noteworthy dining spots include:
- The Safe House, a fun restraunt with a spy theme. It's tradition to visit during Gen Con, but it is very busy. Food is okay, but a bit pricy, but nothing beats the ambience. Best with someone who has already been there who knows the secrets (as well as how to find it).
- The King & I, a tasty Thai restraunt.
- Riverhouse, excellent fish. A bit far from the convention center, but worth the walk if you're craving fish. (I've heard some sad rumors that the Riverhouse is now out of business.)
- Grand Avenue Mall If you want fast food, head to the Grand Avenue. On the top floor are a number of fast food joints.
- Water Street Brewery I'm extremely fond of the gumbo.
- There is a small chinese restaurant with a reasonably priced buffet nearby. I'm trying to track down the name.