High Programmer > Alan De Smet > Games > Role-Playing Games > Dungeons & Dragons > D&D Histories > Prophesies and Choices
Prophesies and Choices
Katharine Giacomini is running a D&D game set in her own world.
- Teves - Alan - male human monk
- Morningglory - Eva - female half-elf cleric
- Dorian - Abby - female elven druid
- Lyle - Ben - male human rogue
- 2005-03-13 - Four individuals receive strange invitations.
- 2005-03-16 - The invitation from Lord Nuntio
- 2005-03-20 July 17th - July 21st - The elven Lord Nuntio asks us to deal with goblin raids on some of his lands. After an accidental encounter with a bear, we track down the goblins and slay them. We return to the Lord and are well paid. We're invited back for dinner.
- 2005-04-03 July 21st - July 26th - Lord Nuntio sends us to recover a gold statue stolen by some kobolds. We slay the kobolds and recover the statue.
- 2005-04-17 July 26th - July 27th - Planning to escort Lord Nuntio to see some ruins is interrupted when he learns that Lady Ancilla has been kidnapped. We track down the kidnappers and rescue the Lady.
- 2005-04-24 July 27th - July 29th - We escort Lord Nuntio and Lady Ancilla to the Lady's home. The trip is unnerving, we loose our sense of direction. We arrive at a magical palace and discover that we've been taken into the alternate land of Faerie. We discover that the trip was a ruse; the Faerie Queen wishes to see us. We learn of a faerie prophecy, it seems that four mortals are foretold to locate four items. These items will grant eternal rulership of Faerie to the elf they are given to. Lord Nuntio was searching for this group of mortals. The Faerie Queen believes we are the foretold group and asks us to seek the items for her. She offers us use of a mansion in the Faerie lands. We use her library to research the Faerie world and try to make sense of the prophecy.
- 2005-05-14 July 29th - August 1st - We visit the Dragon Matriarch, who agrees that her granddaughter Aura might be the Golden Child of the prophecy. She agrees to let us take Aura to the Faerie court if we first prove ourselves. At the Matriarch's request we slay a group of strange women washing funeral shrouds in a fetid pool. Apparently the women were involved in the death of Aura's father. We decide to return for Aura when we are have the other items from the prophecy. We head back to our manor, but instead end up at the Faerie King's court.
- 2005-05-21 August 1st - August 2nd - We meet the Faerie King and his lively court. He welcomes us and allows us to use his library. Between speaking with bards and researching in the library we gain some more clues. I realize that the descriptions of mortal men in grey to the north may match a monastery I'm familiar with. We leave and head north.
- 2005-06-09 August 2nd - August 13th - We visit the monastery of grey monks. Their chimes of meditation are likely the Music of Ages. We receive permission to try taking the chimes, but are warned that the chimes may not let us. We decide to retrieve the chimes later. Research at the Faerie Queen's library leads us to an old woman and her private library. Learn some more about the Long Lost Sheep.
- 2005-06-16 August 13th - August 16th - We research the Bloody Queen some more. We witness the Faerie King judging a fairy's murder of a mortal. We learn that the fairy Margot had a half-mortal daughter, Illat who might have been part of the lost flock. The Dragon Matriarch tells us of Hardig, a dragon in the mortal realm who might know what happened to the lost flock of half-fae.
- 2005-07-14 August 16th - August 19th - Hardig the dragon confirms our suspicions: elves are the half-fae "lost flock." An elven family was responsible for keeping the elves history; they lived in a tower nearby. We head into the elven lands. We learn of the tower which is now considered haunted. Inside we meet a lone woman, the current historian. With a magical mirror she watches elven history and writes it in her book. The job was started by Illat (Margot's daughter). This elf or her book must represent the "living history." Illat agrees to come with us to fairy. Morningglory and Dorian introduce Illat to Margot, who surprises the group when she warms to Illat's story. We leave Illat in the care of Tisanaire. Tisanaire tells us that there is a statue of the Bloody Queen created by the dwarves. The statue is near the Grey King's mountain.
- 2005-07-16 August 19th - August 22nd - We check out the statue at the base of the Grey King's mountain. It feels strange to Teves and causes visions. We seek out the Ice Princess for information on the dwarves. Her assistant introduces us to the dwarves. We are escorted into the dwarven underground and see some of their workshops. The dwarves famous chess sets are all based on real people. The Bloody Queen has been used in a few. We see a life-sized model statue of the Bloody Queen. We learn that the statue at the base of the Grey King's mountain is made of an unusual stone that the dwarves no longer have access to.
- 2005-09-08 August 22nd - We conclude our visit to the dwarven underground. Failing to have found any clues, we try to head home. Our path is redirected toward the Grey King's mountain. While we try to escape, we see a vision with several warnings. We make the best of the situation and break into the Grey King's castle. Morningglory blocks the harmful mist that pervades the mountain and castle. Following the servant's notes we found earlier, we make it to the Grey King's throne room where a chess set in mid game waits. The sides are white and black, but the black side's king is unusual: it's red and carved like the Bloody Queen. We steal the king, only to be confronted by the Grey King. Morningglory fights some magical effect while we delay the Grey King. She eventually opens a portal to our world and we escape.