High Programmer > Alan De Smet > Games > Role-Playing Games > Dungeons & Dragons > D&D Histories > The Circle Quest
The Circle Quest
Eric's page for this campaign is here.
- "The local fuzz" - Sen (played by Karyn), a light skinned human male with a dark blue uniform. He awoke carrying a billy club and wears leather armor.
- "An urban druid" - Mad Dog (played by Dan), a dark skinned human male. He awoke wearing battered leather armor. He can cast healing magic and carries a dagger.
- "A human thief, not a fighter" - Anna (played by Eva), an olive skinned, small human female.
- "A total mystery" - Ernie (played by Chuck), a nondescript human male, also wearing leather. He awoke with a short sword.
- "A half-orc barbarian" - Dueg (played by Alan), a grey half-orc male warrior wearing a chain shirt and carrying a hand axe. He awoke so drunk that he's unable to even speak.
- 2005-03-04 - Five strangers wake up in a strange place with no memories. Echoing in each ones mind is a geas to seek a stolen stone.
- 2005-03-11 - We kill several more hyena headed people on our way out of a grand building, disrupting a noble party. Many of the nobles transform to have animal heads. We escape out into city streets near a large reflecting pond.
- 2005-03-18 - We're drawn toward the clock tower. We break in and explore, scaring an old scribe. Deug tangles with a giant bird on the roof and falls to his death. A ghostly woman raises Deug from the dead. The woman's sister is who geases us. We learn that Glitterstone is a merchant.
- 2005-03-25 - We explore the basement of the clock tower and speak with an old man there. We tangle with inklings. We learn some details about the "Tree of Life", a symbol for meditation. We leave, are lead to the church by a hedgehog, but continue onward to a guardhouse. The guardhouse is full of guards who look identical to Sen. Sen heads inside, learns about Glitterstore and his position in society, and claims some equipment. The rest of the group attempt a breakin to a nearby smithy, but wake the smith. We end up killing the smith and fleeing a small army of identical guards.
- 2005-04-08 - We locate the Flaming Bell and eventually regroup. We speak with the clock tower's keeper again. When he suggests that there are elemental nodes, and that the tower might be the node of air, we head up. There several tiles vibrate. We accidentally cause one to self ignite and we are suddenly filled with understanding about the nature of the Tree of Life puzzle.
- 2005-05-06 - We discover that the big pool is the water node. We tangle with Albunea's minions, successfully activate another node, and retreat.
- 2005-05-13 - We duck into a bar to avoid the guards, but end up leaving when the locals decide they don't like Dueg. We escape into the drainage system and stumble across the local rogue's hall. Anna meets an old friend who helps her scope out the Flaming Bell. The Bell has a huge fire pit which proves to be the fourth elemental node. Anna picks a tile at random and destroys it. The tile returns our memories.
- 2005-05-26 - We regain our memories. We separate and recollect equipment from our various lodgings.
- 2005-06-10 - Time is running out. Mad dog creates a distraction to get us to the Flaming Bell. We climb into the second floor. Jack, shapeshifted as a stripper, is drugged by Glitterstore and taken to his room. Anna locates the room; we slay Glitterstore's guards, his magical construct, and him. Mad dog turns into an eagle and drops the stone into the pool, freeing us from the geas.